Enquire Here






Cafe & Takeaway Insurance

Whether you run a café or takeaway, dealing with the public all day long is quite a responsibility so you will need the right insurance package to cover you if things go wrong. You can then concentrate on serving customers and running your business, without having to worry about unexpected incidents or events.

What could happen?

Businesses involved in the dining and catering trades face similar insurance risks to most retailers and are subject to incidents like flood, theft of stock, or a customer tripping or falling in your premises. In addition, there is a higher exposure to certain types of event, for example, kitchen fires, or perhaps a group of customers suing you for an alleged food poisoning incident.

These types of incidents can have a significant knock on effect if you have to close your premises and lose income whilst damage is rectified. The right insurance policy could be invaluable if the worst were to happen.

How we can help?

We have experienced staff to help identify the most suitable policy for you, whether you run a restaurant, café, take away or other fast food outlet. We will take the time to listen and help identify the most appropriate and competitive policy available.

The following sections of cover are the more common elements to be included:

Property insurance – providing Property (Material Damage) insurance cover at your business premises for Buildings (where applicable), Stock, Business Equipment, Tenants Improvements, Business Interruption, Money and Goods in Transit.

Public Liability insurance – gives protection against claims made by members of the public who have sustained injuries or damage to their property in connection with your business activities. Cover is available from £1 million indemnity limit although higher indemnity limits are commonly recommended.

Employers Liability insurance – gives protection if an employee is injured or becomes ill as a result of the work they do for you and then try and claim against you for compensation. Cover is available for a £10 million indemnity limit but this can be extended.

Other Optional Covers - these do vary between specific trade types but may include covers such as Computer and Electronic Equipment, Glass and Shop Front, Deterioration of Refrigerated Stock, Legal Expenses, Terrorism, Personal Accident, Engineering Inspection and Loss of Licence.

Why customers choose Marlow Gardner & Cooke

We’re not a call centre, we don’t have call queues You talk to the same people; you know them, they know you We listen but also ask lots of questions; we tailor your solution around you We take ownership of problems and respond with solutions You can be confident your insurance has been set up correctly You can meet us face to face at our office or on site Our service includes risk management advice and claims support

Accreditations Logo Accreditations Logo Accreditations Logo Accreditations Logo