Enquire Here






Motor Insurance

We all know that accidents happen, especially on our very busy roads. Finding the right policy to protect your car, van or motorcycle can take a considerable amount of time and effort but we can help identify a solution that is right for you.

Even if you do not use your vehicle you are still required to insure it, unless you officially declare it “off the road” with the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA). This is known as Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE).

What could happen?

We have all undoubtedly seen or experienced many accidents and incidents involving motor vehicles as part of everyday life. If someone is injured or their property is damaged as the result of a vehicle driven by you or an insured driver, insurance covers the cost of paying their claim. There are three main types of motor insurance:

Third party – this is the minimum cover required by law in the UK to meet the requirements of the Road Traffic Act. It covers you against costs that arise as a result of injuries you cause to other people and/or damage to their vehicles and property Third party fire & theft – basic third party cover with added protection against your vehicle being stolen or damaged or destroyed by fire Comprehensive – this is the highest level of cover available and protects against accidental or malicious damage to your vehicle and medical expenses, as well as those covers included under Third Party Fire & Theft

Third party and comprehensive policies cover you regardless of who is at fault (you or the other driver). Only Comprehensive policies cover the costs that arise as a result of accidental or malicious damage to your own vehicle.

It is a legal requirement to have Third Party motor insurance and driving without insurance is a serious offence. If you are caught driving uninsured the police may seize the vehicle. If you are convicted you could face a heavy fine, points on your licence and potentially a disqualification from driving.

How we can help?

We can source quotations for varying levels of cover, Comprehensive being the most commonly arranged. Insurers used will facilitate a network of approved repairers in the event of a claim involving comprehensively insured vehicles. We have facilities to arrange the following additional covers; these are sometimes part of the main policy, whilst certain covers can be arranged as a separate policy:

• Options to include protected no claims bonus, usually with a minimum of 4 years or more claims free • Legal expenses (uninsured loss recovery) insurance • Breakdown cover • Excess protection • Auto replace • Tools in transit

Why customers choose Marlow Gardner & Cooke

We’re not a call centre, we don’t have call queues You talk to the same people; you know them, they know you We listen but also ask lots of questions; we tailor your solution around you We take ownership of problems and respond with solutions You can be confident your insurance has been set up correctly You can meet us face to face at our office or on site Our service includes risk management advice and claims support

Accreditations Logo Accreditations Logo Accreditations Logo Accreditations Logo